Thursday, April 01, 2010

A Farewell

After almost a month with no posts, you had to see this coming.  Part of me is really sad to have come to this decision, but it feels like the right thing.  Recently I’ve encountered a number of setbacks in my writing pursuits, both through this blog as well as through a manuscript I’ve been circulating among some local publishers.  I got my hopes up for a while, but as the rejections kept coming, it forced me to take a long, hard look at where I am in life.

Life, it seems, is taking me in a different direction.

For the foreseeable future, I am officially closing up shop on the Wounded Mosquito, if not on my writing efforts in general.  Optimism is a good thing, but as they say, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the essence of insanity.  Of course, I couldn’t say goodbye without saying thank you to the few loyal readers who have supported me through my efforts, either through following this blog, reading over my manuscripts, or merely offering encouragement as I tried to build a steady audience.  Loyalty is an incredible virtue, one that far too few possess these days.

So long, suckas.