Unlike my previous Epic Summer submissions, I didn't go for the mockumentary this time. This piece is more an attempt to tie together the different interests I was pursuing over the summer, and pull out some kind of common theme. Near as I can tell, the common theme was Rock and Roll. From the band I played in to the bands I photographed to the road trips I took, music seemed to play a dominant role in the experience, much more so than humor, anyway.
A number of people thought I should have identified all the locations in the photos and video clips in the film. Since I didn't, I'll list some of them below:
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Seattle, Washington
- The Jimi Hendrix Memorial, Washington
- Sturgis, South Dakota
- Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming
- Mount Rushmore National Monument, South Dakota
- Cody, Wyoming
- Quake Lake, Montana
- Antelope Island, Utah
- The Layton City Amphitheater
- The Bountiful Days of '47 Parade
- Yellowstone National Park
If anyone has a specific question about any of the images or clips, feel free to leave a comment.