Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hello Dolly...

This morning I was going through some things in an effort to find a spare set of contact lenses that have become misplaced in the aftermath of June's big move. I can't use the original set anymore, you see. It's kind of a complicated story, but I'll just say it revolves around a poor decision to rub my eyes while cutting up onions and garlic for the summer's first round of fresh salsa.

But that's beside the point...

While looking through my stuff, I peeked into my backpack, and noticed the glint of a CD reflecting back at me. I reached down to grab it, thinking it might have been one of the backup CD's I burned in California to make sure I didn't lose any of my 1,300 photos to an erratically behaving laptop.

But it wasn't an image CD. It was a Dolly Parton CD. My Christmas gift to Breto has been returned.

The game is back on.